Insurance Marketplace Enrollment
Open enrollment is the time when you can apply for a 2015 Marketplace plan, keep your current plan, or pick a new one.
Are you ready for the next Health Insurance Marketplace Open Enrollment Period?
Here are 4 key dates you should know:
- November 15, 2014. Open Enrollment begins. Apply for, keep, or change your coverage
- December 15, 2014. Enroll by the 15th if you want new coverage that begins on January 1, 2015. If your plan is changing or you want to change plans, enroll by the 15th to avoid a lapse in coverage.
- December 31, 2014. Coverage ends for 2014 plans. Coverage for 2015 plans can start as soon as January 1st.
- February 15, 2015. This is the last day you can apply for 2015 coverage before the end of Open Enrollment
- Enrollment in the Small Business Marketplace is available all year long. To sign up for coverage for March 1st, you must enroll by February 15th.
- Consumers can shop for coverage online, by phone, or in person, and may be eligible for financial assistance to reduce premium costs. (See toll-free phone number and website below)
NEW YORK STATE
Nassau Suffolk Hospital Council (NSHC) is a New York State certified “Navigator” with staff trained to assist with enrollment in English and Spanish. Eastern Long Island Hospital is a designated enrollment site on the 3rd Wednesday of every month. Visit the Emergency Department waiting area. For more information, call 631.656.9783 or 631.435.3000.
Nassau Suffolk Hospital Council – LONG ISLAND
Please note: Enrollment into Child Health Plus and Medicaid takes place all year round.