Pediatric Emergency Care
The Emergency Department at Eastern Long Island Hospital has a dedicated pediatric room for all pediatric emergencies.
The Emergency Department is fully equipped with:
- Pediatric Crash Cart
- Infant and child sized monitoring equipment
- Blanket Warmer
Infants and children with the following conditions are frequently treated at ELIH:
- Respiratory Distress
- Rashes/Allergic Reactions
- Toxic Ingestions/Overdoses
- Broken bones, sprains, strains
- Traumatic injuries, burns, lacerations
- Gastrointestinal Distress
- Emergency Orthopedic Surgery
Please Note: It is important that patients who are minors have a medical consent form, signed by their parent or legal guardian, if that person is not with them.
Print Minor Medical Consent Form Here